Saturday, April 25, 2015

More Example Encouragement for Prom

Hello, everyone. 
My name is Tyler and I would like to tell you why I will not be just another silent voice in the crowd. 
I invite you to join me in not drinking before, during, or after prom. It may seem that all anyone can talk about at this time of the year is where the good parties are and where the best place is to get “totally smashed.” But the truth is, a lot of people actually make the decision NOT to drink at prom, even if drinking seems to be the only way to be cool, fit in, keep up your street cred, or whatever. 
Honestly, why would you want to just blend in and be like everyone else Where’s the fun in that? If drinking at prom seems to be the thing that everybody’s doing, I encourage you to be yourself…because everyone else is already taken. 
The choice that you make on prom night is your own – not anyone else’s – so that means that you must deal with the consequences. 
Thank you and have a great prom.