Friday, May 3, 2019

Prom enCOURAGEment

This morning, Leyna encouraged those attending prom to make the most of this year's prom:


Hi I’m Leyna Gatti and I won’t be drinking alcohol or using drugs on prom night. Everyone in this room has at least one more year in high school, and I think we can all agree that high school is hard. 

Aside from the academic aspect, you’re trying to fit in while at the same time trying to stand out. We’re all constantly making judgements about each other. You might want to be known for your brain, or your athleticism, or being funny. What you don’t want to be known as is the girl that drank at prom night and was acting crazy, or the boy that did something stupid while drunk. 

If you make the choice to drink, you could ruin relationships with your teachers or friends, and all the work you’ve put in to your reputation can go down the drain. We all know word travels fast around these halls, and I want what’s being said about me to be positive. However, we all find our identity in Christ and will be forgiven for whatever bad choices we make, but I’m going to take this opportunity to make a good one and I hope you will