Thursday, May 2, 2019

More Prom Encouragement

This morning before chapel these two seniors shared why they are going to enjoy a drug/alcohol-free prom. Thank you, Alaina and Jake for your courage and willingness to encourage others.


I haven't always made the best decisions, but what I want you to know is that I have learned from those past mistakes.  On prom night, I am making the decision to have fun without alcohol. 


The beauty of our mistakes is that we grow and learn from them. 1 John 1:9 says “if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” I encourage you to make the decision to not partake in activities that include alcohol or drugs. 

Also, I encourage you to be the positive example for the people around you. You won't regret it, and neither will I. Always remember you're not alone, and choose wisely on prom night.  


Hi, my name is Jake Mlynarek and I won’t be drinking the night of prom. But you already knew that. But it’s not because of the possible consequences or the legal issues. 

Rather, it's because I don’t want to and I’m not afraid to say that. So if I can say it in front of the entire school, you can say it to your friends. Be safe on prom night