Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Prom Week: Day Three

After this morning's school devotions, Jordan explained to the student body her reasons for not drinking at Prom this weekend.

Good morning, everyone!
My name is Jordan and I would like to tell you that I won’t be drinking before, during, or after Prom. I would also like to invite you to join me. But instead of telling you what I don’t want to do on Prom night, I want to tell you about the things I do want to do on that night.
I want to take fun pictures with my friends. I want to stay on the dance floor all night. I want to sing the lyrics to every song as loud as I can. I want to make memories I will never forget and I want to return home safely at the end of the night, so I can wake up the next day and experience graduating in a few weeks.
If I drink, I can’t do those things.
At the end of the day, only you can make the choice whether to drink or not. I can’t make it for you. But, I can tell you that if you choose not to drink, you are not alone. I, and many others, will be standing beside you and encouraging you to remain alcohol free on Prom night. When the night is over, you will have to deal with the consequences..will you be able to look in the mirror and like what you see?
Thank you and have a great Prom night!

Students have also been signing Example PROMise sheets to encourage themselves and others to have a fun, and memorable, and safe, and selfie-taking, good-food-eating, drug and alcohol free Prom.  There is still plenty of room left on the wall for more PROMise sheets. Stop by Mr. Brandt's room, sign a sheet, get your Example wristband, and make a difference.