Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Prom Week: Day Three

Students are still signing PROMise contracts, wearing wristbands and hearing other students explain why drinking should not be a part of anyone's prom plans.

Before chapel Kelsey shared with students why she is going to enjoy a drug/alcohol-free prom:
My name is Kelsey and I will not be drinking at prom. To me, drinking and drugs are not worth the consequences. I don’t know about you, but I actually want to remember what happens at prom instead of spending time in the bathroom throwing up. Why do people feel they need to use drugs or drink alcohol to have a good time? If you think it is cool and you are doing it to fit in then I suggest finding new friends. You do not need a substance to make your life more exciting or to have a good time, and if you think you do then I feel bad for you. People should like you for who you are, not how you act under the influence. Our goal here on earth is to live for God and Galatians 1:10 explains that to us. It says, “Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.” So if God, the government, parents, and teachers do not want you to drink, why do it? The only thing you could possibly gain from drinking is a massive headache. Make the right decision with me and do not drink at Prom. 
By the end of school on Wednesday, ninety-two prom-going students signed an Example PROMise. Thank you.