Monday, December 19, 2011

December

Isaiah 41:10  Fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Example's December event was fun and very encouraging.  The event began with adults in recovery talking about their experiences, mistakes and desire to lead a drug-free life.  Shane, Matthew and Andrew spoke on behalf of F.A.N. Families Against Narcotics and shared their experiences with Example in order to encourage young men and women to avoid the pressures of drug and alcohol use.  Mark Rudolph a F.A.N. board member introduced the speaker and also shared his story on how he lost his son Ryan to a drug overdose four years ago.
While the stories were difficult to share, the speakers did an excellent job revealing the deadly consequences of foolish, destructive decisions.  Their stories and willingness to help other young men and women was very encouraging.

1 Corinthians 10:13  No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

And when we fail and are taken in by the devil's schemes, we know that through repentance and God's gift of mercy in His son, our Savior, Jesus Christ, we are washed clean in the blood of the Lamb.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

The evening continued with some Christmas song trivia and culminated with Queen Anna, last year's Ugly Christmas Sweater champion, crowning this year's King, Dustin.


On the Left: The five finalists proudly display some of the most hideous Christmas sweaters on the planet.


On the Right: Dustin proudly accepts the winning prize for the ugliest Christmas sweater: red and green M&Ms.


Example alumni Coleson, Alayna, Katie, Amanda, Olivia, Kyle, Logan, Rachel, Becky and Queen Anna also joined in the festivities and served as judges for the Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest.  Thank you, alumni for returning and continuing to promote Example.




Romans 8:37-39 ...in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.