Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Example's Town Hall Meeting


On April 27 nearly 200 people gathered in the music room to discuss the issue of underage drinking and drug use. 


Nancy Donahue, prevention director for Macomb Family Services, facilitated the night's discussion.  The panel consisted of Reverend Scott Benjamin of Resurrection Lutheran Church in Detroit, an Emergency Medical Technician and five, recovering addicts who shared their stories, struggles, experiences and wisdom with students and parents.


Statistics reveal trends and information concerning this vital issue, but the questions from students and parents, the panel's experience and  the explanations from Nancy Donahue provided meaningful insights that help all in attendance understand and deal with underage drinking and drug use.

I love you, O Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield...and my stronghold.  
                           -Psalm 18: 1,2